Time is defined so that motion looks simple
Yu-Kuang (Cory) ChuBlogger 📝 / Photographer 📷 / Filmmaker 🎥 / Taiwanese 🇹🇼
Researcher 🌟- Gravitational waves / Cosmology
About Me 👀Hi~ I'm a Ph.D. student 🎓 studying gravitational wave physics at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) and the Center for Gravitation, Cosmology, and Astrophysics (CGCA). As a student in the LIGO Scientific Collaboration, my current research is mainly focused on the data analysis of gravitational waves. That includes using the posterior samples from offline Parameter Estimation (PE) to verify the p-astro/em-bright values of GW CBC alerts.Previously, when I was a Master's student at NTNU and a research assistant at Academia Sinica, I learned how to build the calibration hardware for the KAGRA gravitational waves detector in Japan. That includes designing and fabricating electrical circuits and building up laser optical systems for the KAGRA Photon Calibrator. For more information, you may refer to my Master's Thesis and a tutorial I wrote about how to make PCB.In addition, I am also interested in problems in Cosmology. I've learned how to calculate the scattering amplitude using Feynmann diagrams in a study on dark matter and learned how to analytically calculate the polarization-dependent overlap-reduction function (ORF) for the Stochastic Gravitational Waves Background (SGWB) search, as we demonstrated in this paper. You may refer to my INSPIRE-HEP or Google-Scholar page for a complete list of my publications.On the other hand, I'm interested in computer-related subjects as well. I've helped maintain KAGRA data mirroring from Japan to the Academia Sinica Grid-computing Centre (ASGC) using XRootD software by creating some bash scripts. At that time, I also wrote a simple GPS time converting tool in C++. Furthermore, as my side project, I've written a tutorial about performing a numerical simulation of the 1-D Schrodinger equation using Python and C++.Finally, I believe that writing and teaching is the best way to learn things. I've made some LaTeX PDF notes on various topics in physics. If you found any problems in them or found them helpful, feel free to give me some feedback or suggestions. Besides, I'm a Programmer, a Blogger, a Photographer, and an Amateur Filmmaker. Also, I'm in charge of the Live Streaming for our Coffee Shop Astrophysics outreach events. Feel free to check out my Github, Medium, Flickr, Instagram, and YouTube Channel. ❤️
About Me 👀
- Selected Publication
- Y.-K. Chu, G.-C. Liu, K.-W. Ng, Spherical harmonic analysis of anisotropies in polarized stochastic gravitational-wave background with interferometry experiments, Phys. Rev. D 103, 063528 (2021), [arXiv:2002.01606].
- C.-R. Chen, Y.-K. Chu, and H.-C. Tsai, An elusive vector dark matter, Phys. Lett. B 741, 205 (2015).
- Complete Publication List ( including LIGO-Virgo-KAGRA collaboration papers)
- See INSPIRE-HEP or Google-Scholar
- Master's Thesis: Development of KAGRA Photon Calibrator for Hardware Injection Test [JGWdoc] [ndltd] [NTNU]
- Preparation of Photon Calibrator for Hardware Injection Test, The 20th KAGRA face-to-face meeting, Toyama, Japan, August 2018.
- Development of KAGRA Photon Calibrator, The 4th KAGRA International Workshop, Seoul, South Korea, June 2018.
- Application of Photon Calibrator in Hardware Injection Test for KAGRA Gravitational Wave Detector, Annual Meeting of the Physical Society of Taiwan, Taipei, Taiwan, January 2018.
- Photon Calibrator in Gravitational Wave Detector, National Taiwan Normal University and Osaka City University Joint Workshop, Osaka, Japan, September 2017.
Selected Blog Articles 📜
Selected Blog Articles 📜
- Quantum Mechanics
- English Version: What is Quantum Mechanics? Why it is called Quantum? — An Introduction to Quantum Mechanics
- Chinese Version: 什麼是量子力學？ 為什麼叫作“量子”力學？
- Solving 1-D Schrodinger Equation in Python
- VPN over SSH? The Socks Proxy | Medium | Hacker News
- Making Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
Designed Websites 💻
Designed Websites 💻
- ASIoP x GWLab
A website for the Gravitational Waves Detection Lab at the Institute of Physics, Academia Sinica.
Skills: HTML / CSS
- NTNU x HEP
A website for the High Energy Physics Group at the Department of Physics, National Taiwan Normal University.
Skills: PHP (CodeIgniter Framework) / MySQL / HTML / CSS